Homemade Chocolate Ice-Cream
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
2 and half cups of whole milk
1 and quarter cups of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/3 cup of baking cocoa
nutella- optional and amount is based on preference (I used 2 generous spoonfuls)
1. Beat the eggs separately from the rest of the ingredients.
2. Pour all the ingredients (including the eggs) together in a pot with the stove off. Once its all combined, turn it on medium. Then continue to stir and heat it until you have a consistency similar to making pudding (so slightly thicker, but not really thick). Make sure you do not bring it to a boil and keep stirring it.
3. If you would like- Stir in a little nutella for creaminess and slight flavor enhancement.
4. Pour it through a strainer into a pan or container (I’ve used a 13×9 cake pan) and then cover and freeze over night.
In the morning it should look something like this:
5. Next, cut into cubes and mix it with hand/stand-mixer. Then pour it back into the container and freeze it again.
6. You will need to cube/mix the ice-cream 3 or 4 total times. Then re-freeze overnight and it will be all set!
Vanilla: Leave out the nutella and baking cocoa.
Cinnamon: Leave out the nutella and baking cocoa. Add 3 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.